We are sure you will have joined in our amusement (and cringing) at the experiences people have had during interviews. Hopefully, thanks to the brave people who submitted these stories, you’ll realise that it isn’t the end of the world (or your career) when things go wrong – it happens to all of us!
Have you had a good or bad work related experience? Do you have a story which started bad and ended good? Here is your opportunity to share your experiences with those at the beginning of their careers.
• Did you have questions about what path to take when you left school – let us know what you did to help you decide, and was it a good or bad choice?
• Have you recently found a job and have some useful job seeking tips to share with those just starting out?
• Have you just got a job after being long- term unemployed? Tell us your story and give hope to others still searching for that illusive job.
• Do you have any good or bad stories of working life, these can stem from handling a bullying situation to receiving an award for your efforts?
• Are you an employer who has had good or bad experiences with employees or work experiences?
• Have you hired an apprentice who has gone on to become a valued permanent member of the team?
These are just a few suggestions of the types of stories we would like. We’ll publish them on the website to help motivate those starting out on their career path.
Please e-mail your stories to firstname.lastname@example.org