Once again we have rounded up a top ten money saving tips to help you get the most out of your hard earned cash.
1. Put your central heating on a timer so it switches off before you go to bed.
2. Close the curtains when it gets dark as it stops the heat from escaping.
3. Use a hot water bottle instead of an electric blanket – it works out much cheaper.
4. Wear warm clothing, this will allow you to turn down the heating a few degrees– it sounds obvious but many people don’t when they are in the house.
5. Make sure your house is properly insulated including gaps around and under doors.
6. While you are using your fire and heating put your clothes on an airer – it saves the cost of using a tumble dryer.
7. Close doors when you leave a room, even if you are only leaving for a few minutes precious heat can escape.
8. Check price comparison websites to ensure you are on the cheapest fuel tariff.
9. Cook large quantities of foods such as stews and casseroles and freeze what you do not use. This helps you save energy costs by only cooking once and keeping your freezer filled, casseroles and stews are also good foods to keep you warm.
10. Drink hot drinks to keep warm but avoid drinking too much caffeine because it is a diuretic, and it may exacerbate dehydration and hyperthermia.
Have any more ideas – then do share, using the comment box below or any of these ways